Joint ventures:

First Logistics Development (JV) Company

VIETNAM INTERNATIONAL CONTAINER TERMINALS (VICT) owned and operated by First Logistics Development (JV) Company. VICT is the premier container port project in Vietnam, having built strong partnerships with foreign investors.

VICT was established on the 22nd of September 1994, following the investment licence 996/GP issued by the State Committee for Cooperation and Investment (SCCI) and now the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).

VICT is licensed for a 40-year joint venture between Southern Waterborne Transport Corporation (SOWATCO) of Vietnam and the Singapore-based MITORIENT, the latter holds 63% in a partnership between the NOL group of Singapore and Mitsui & Company of Japan, while SOWATCO holds the remaining 37% of the company shares.

VICT’s debut operation was on the 20th November 1998 and since then they have achieved impressive growth over the years. VICT continuously aim to increase efficiency in service and improve customer relations.

  • Charter Capital: USD 16,000,000 including USD 5,900,000 from SOWATCO.
  • Scope of activities: Transportation, cargo handling, warehousing, containers, reefers, port services, especially “door to door” services.


  • The total area of 20 ha – CFS area: 8,306 m2 – Container yard: 117,000 m2.
  • Seven 35T – quayside ganty cranes with capacity of 35 TEU/hour.
  • Ten rubber tires ganty cranes and eight reach stackers and forklifts.
  • Managing the operation of the port by the TMS and NAVIS software.



For more information,
please contact:

Southern Waterborne Transport Corporation (SOWATCO)

Address: 298 Huynh Tan Phat St., Tan Thuan Tay Ward, Dist. 7, Ho Chi Minh City.

Tel: (84.28) 3872 9748
Fax: (84.28) 3872 6386