SOWATCO is the leading unit in container and bulk cargo transportation at inland waterways in Ho Chi Minh City and Mekong Delta Provinces.
Self propelled barges from 16 TEU to 128 TEU transport containers from VICT port to depots and ICD ports in Thu Duc and vice versa, such as: Sotrans ICD Port, Transimex ICD Port, Phuoc Long ICD Port, etc., to ensure the cargo trade route in Ho Chi Minh City and Western Provinces.
Advantages and strengths of the service:
- With the system of ports – berths and rivers – canals in the Southern area, the trend of inland container forwarding is increasing and the advantages of inland waterways transport are always promoted in comparison with other modes of transport such as road – air and rail.
- Inland waterways transportation has met a large volume of goods for inland transport and transshipped import and export goods from ICD and Industrial Parks in the key economic areas of inland waterways to gather them into Seaports and vice versa, especially, the cargo transport to Cai Mep – Thi Vai and Cambodia.
- Fleet team with tonnage and large capacity, a team of Boats – Machine Head with high workmanship, stability and ability to compete in the current conditions.
- To connect mode of inland waterway transport with other modes of transport such as road, railway … with logistics companies.
- To carry out support services of marine such as ship towage tugs at the ports and anchorage systems at Cai Lai and Thieng Lieng of SOWATCO, tying and undoing shipping lines.
- Implement container services in the port such as tallying and bottling of containers at yards and warehouses in the port, loading and unloading and transporting containers from pier into yard through 10 semi trailer of SOWATCO.