Geographic location, area, contiguous boundary:
The buoy route of Southern Waterborne Transport Joint Stock Corporation is about 875m of waterways with 03 anchorages placed on the right riverside of Dong Nai River – District 2 of Ho Chi Minh City and a 300-meter anchorage on Nga Bay River, Thanh An Commune, Can Gio District. The buoy route of Southern Waterborne Transport Joint Stock Corporation is located on the national waterways that has numerous waterborne transportation through the buoys.
- The system of 04 anchorages buoys, loading and unloading for ships that having loading capacity from 15,000 to 60,000 tons in Ho Chi Minh City and Thieng Lieng area..
- 03 buoys in Ho Chi Minh City area: Buoy No. 1: 40,000 DWT, buoy No. 2: 20,000 DWT, buoy No. 3: 10,000 DWT
- 01 buoy in Thieng Lieng: buoy No.9: 60,000 DWT.
It can be divided into two clusters as follows:
DT1, DT2 and DT3 buoy cluster are located at Den Do T-junction – Cat Lai on the branch of Dong Nai River. These 3 clusters are located on the right riverside of the Dong Nai River, District 2 of Ho Chi Minh City, adjacent to the Saigon River at Den Do T-junction. The North is bordered by Holcim Cement Plant, the South is bordered by Nha Be River, the West is bordered by Thanh My Loi Ward – District 2 Ho Chi Minh City, and the East is bordered by buoy of Falcon BP1, BP2.
- DT1 Buoy: 275m long, 11.7m deep, receiving ships 40,000 tons
- DT2 Buoy: 265m long, 10.6m deep, receiving ships of 30,000 tons
- DT3 Buoy: 235m long, 10.5m deep, receiving ships of 15,000 tons.
- DT9 Buoy: 300m long, 13.50m deep, receiving ships of 60,000 tons
DT9 Buoy is located at Thieng Lieng anchorage on Nga Bay River, opposite Thieng Lieng River and adjacent to waters of TL6-8 buoys.
The role of buoy:
Cargo moving contributes to smooth and favorable goods circulation. The buoys are considered as the major gathering hub of cargo to link Mekong Delta with Ho Chi Minh City and international trade routes. It can be considered as the starting and ending point of the process of transport production and export and import of goods. Wide range of mwaning, ports or buoys are the nucleus to promote the development of industrial parks, urban areas, trade …
Support departments include tugboats for in-and-out buoys of ships which are stationed at DT1, DT2 and DT3 buoy are SOWATCO 26 tugboat. DT9 buoy is mainly transshipment because it is placed at Thieng Lieng therefore the tugboats support only when having requirement. Besides there is a canoe for tying – undoing the wires.